What is a Reverse Email Search?
With the amazing internet technology available today, it is possible to find anyone or anything through a variety of search mechanisms. Through email, we can correspond either personally or professionally with anyone at anytime as long as we have their email address. If we do not, we can search by keying in their name and physical address in various search engines, directories, or through people finder services on websites, such as Yahoo, in order to obtain it.
However, there are certain circumstances when all we have is the email address, and we want to find the person or business's name attached to this address. When this happens, we need to conduct a reverse email search. This simply means that you are searching by the email address to find a name and/or address. These sites may also offer a variety of other information that may provide additional help, as well.
The online companies that offer the ability to search in a variety of ways have built a wealth of information from many of the resources available on the worldwide web. They continuously track the high traffic areas that are visited by the majority of internet users to obtain as much and as accurate of data as is possible. Because they do this, the possibilities of finding who or what you need is very high. In fact, it is utterly amazing how much and how quickly we can locate just about anything or anybody.
Why would I want to do a reverse email search?
- You may have found or written down an email address and have forgotten whose it was.
- You may have received an email from an employee of a company, and you want to know who sent it.
- You want to put a stop to receiving unsolicited spam or scam emails by tracking down the owner.
- Someone may be stalking you by sending you romantic, threatening, or obscene messages.
- You may have conducted business with someone through the internet who was running a scam under a false identity. The email address may help track down their real identity.
Many sites, such as AOL, offer these types of searches for nothing, or you are required to pay. Use a search engine, such as Google, and use the keywords "reverse email search" to find these services. The information you need may be just a few steps and just a few minutes away.